Sugar had been making some really nice masks that caught my attention and about a month ago I got in on the mask blanks she was offering. Coming from someone who has experience in casting, it's not an easy process and it's difficult if not impossible to get things perfect.
Original Mask Blank by =sugarpoultry
I got a mask blank from her and I started by making little custom fixes to fit my face better and adjustments to the cast. I sawed the nose off and re-mounted it for a more "German Shepherd" like shape, did some spot gluing to the hinges to straighten the jaw out permanently and added foam in places for shape. I also constructed an armature for what became the ears out of cold-press watercolor paper laminated (multiple layers) to plastic mesh.
The result--> [link]
What was left to do was furring and making a tail and handpaws....so I got to work! And what you see here is the final result!
The vision in the mask is excellent! It's not a hassle to put on or take off. The jaw movement is pretty nice too. All fur blending was done with acrylic paint and drybrush. Tail loops onto my belt. Pawpads are leather and the claws are super sculpey. Everything is hand-sewn.
Toony remake of this head-->
Check out the partner costume also....